Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ceasar's Brother, Simon, comes to visit

This is Simon, Cece's brother. He's got a swell sleeping bag but it's in pink! That's a girl's color. No wonder people keep calling my pal Caesar, "she" when he's a "he." Anyway, Simon and his mom spent Thanksgiving with us. It was cool. We went for walks beside the river and I treed a porcupine! But I didn't try to bite him this time. I kept my distance until he found a tree. Whew! Was my mom worried. But I came when she called me. There were gophers to dig up in the field and they're almost as interesting as porcupines.
We're getting the house ready for Christmas! My mom is always bringing new snacks home for me this time of year. I love the all natural ones with peanut butter flavor. I mean, is there anything better than a peanut butter snack? Well, maybe gophers.
Have a good week all of you! More photos later. Woof, Woof! Bo

2 comments:

  1. Natural snacks with peanut butter. Sounds good to me, but I'll skip the gophers thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bo,

    I'll trade you some of those peanut butter treats for my mom's homemade chicken chews 'n cheese crisps. She makes batches of them every Christmas. I have to share them with the other family members' dogs so I don't get as many as I'd like. Maybe I'll take back my offer to trade. I kinda like these so maybe I'll keep 'em all.

    Mom's doing a lot of other baking these days, too, but I don't get any of it. One thing is called shortbread. Have you ever heard of bread being short? Doesn't make much sense to me, but it sure smells mighty good and you should see how fast my my dad eats it.

    And can you believe it? We have a *tree* in our house again. Every winter one turns up here for a few weeks. My owners put some strange things on it, like twinkling lights and shiny coloured balls that I'm not allowed to fetch... some white pinecones, too, and snowflakes. It's pretty weird, but they seem to like it.

    They keep saying "Mary Christ Mass" to everyone that comes by. I/m thinkin' it has something to do with the little statues of Mary and the Christ Child with Joseph and the sheep and all that stuff that mom and dad set up in a little wooden barn on the coffee table. I wonder why they don't say "Mary, Joseph and Christ Child" instead... or maybe that's what they're saying and I just don't hear right. The bottle of my ear cleaner is out on the counter so I expect I'm due for a dose of it pretty soon.

    Anyway, seein' as it's the thing to say these days, "Mary Christ Mass" to you and CeCe, Bo. Enjoy those peanut butter treats.

    Your K9 friend,
    Tynan the Lab

    ReplyDelete